2015年12月6日 星期日

13:bless your heart

00:21:31

How long have you been seeing him?
Oh, whenever you couldn't make it, which adds up to quite a bit of time.
I don't think I like the idea of losing you.
No, I just think you don't like the idea of losing, that's all.
Would you care for cocktails?
Yes.
Two very dry vodka martinis.
If that's all, then what's been going on for the last six months?
Not very much.
Don't you remember?
No strings?
No ties?
No great need for each other?
Those were your rules.
Bless your heart, you kept every one of them.
But I broke them all.
Anyway, you might remember that for next time.
Anytime a girl agrees to an arrangement like that, she's already in love with you.
It's just a question of appetite.
Crumbs or no cake at all.
I don't know what to say.
Well, I guess that says it all.
Let's order.

【make it】

【quite a bit】
〔quite a bit/a few /a lot〕
a large number or amount
My family have moved around quite a bit since then.
His encouragement and interest inspired quite a few people to take up skiing.
With a penny you could buy quite a lot of sweets in those days.

【would you care for something】
used for asking politely whether someone would like something
〔Would you care for a coffee? 〕
a coffee = a cup of coffee.  I made a coffee.
〔Would you care for cocktails?〕
A cocktail is an alcoholic drink which contains several ingredients.
On arrival, guests are offered champagne cocktails.
The bar serves delicious cocktails made from brandy and cream.
You should also have things like gin and lime juice for mixing cocktails.

【strings】
special conditions that limit an offer or agreement
If there are any strings involved, I’m really not interested.
〔no strings attached〕
The money was given with no strings attached.

【ties】
a bond or connection, as of affection, kinship, mutual interest, or between two or more people, groups, nations, or the like:
family ties; the ties between Britain and the U.S.

【great】
bigger or more than is usual

【bless your heart】spoken 
used by the people of the southern United States near the Gulf of Mexico to express to someone that they are an idiot without saying such harsh words:
I am 6 years old. (only holds up 4 fingers)
Oh honey, bless your heart, but that's only 4 fingers.
I am 6 years old. (this time holds up 4 fingers of both hands)
Child... Bless you and your momma's heart.

【crumbs】
a very small piece that falls off a dry food such as bread or cake

【say it all】
If you say that something says it all, you mean that it shows you very clearly the truth about a situation or someone's feelings:
This is my third visit in a week, which says it all.
The look of satisfaction on his face says it all.