2015年12月7日 星期一

14:You didn't score today ?

002324

It's all I own.
I had to come for it.
Right over there.
I know it's not a very good one, but then, I don't play it very well either.
Hey, am I interrupting anything?
I mean, are you alone?
"Yes" to the first question and "not anymore" to the second one.
Good. This is a really nice place.
Comfortable?
Oh, yeah. This couch is great.
Wow, you have a fireplace!
I love fireplaces. Does it work?
Yes, it works.
We used to have one back home, but it was a phony, you know, electric.
You had to plug it in.
I'd like to play host, but I have some work to do.
Oh! Don't let me bother you.
Go right ahead.
No, no, no. Really.
I don't mind.
Gee, if I had a fireplace, I'd keep it lit all the time.
Your name's Frank, right?
Frank Harmon.
I, uh... I saw it on your mailbox.
My name's Breezy.
Why isn't it lit?
Uh, I don't know.
I didn't see any reason to.
You're sure you don't mind?
No, no, no.
Say, I was wondering, you wouldn't have anything to eat, oh, like an apple?
How about an apple?
Okay.
What happened?
You didn't score today?
No, no, no. Don't get nasty or I might leave.
Come on.

come for someone/something
to come to a place so that you can take someone or something away with you
The taxi will come for us at around 8 o’clock.
I’ve just come for the book your brother borrowed from me.

there
in or to a place that you are looking at or pointing to
over there
Would you like to sit over there by the window?
right there
exactly in that place: The information you want is right there in front of you.

but then
used when you are adding a remark that makes what you have just said seem less surprising
What a stupid thing to do! But then I’ve always thought Colin was a bit of a fool.
No one ever listens to what I say, but then I’m only the junior clerk.

pay hostprovide the place, food etc. for a special meeting or event

scoreAm E informal  
to obtain something, especially without paying for it or with little effort

Go ahead
to start or continue to do something, especially after waiting for permission
‘Go ahead,’ he insisted. ‘I won’t interrupt again.’

Go right ahead
1. exactly
2. immediately
3. all the way
4. completely
5. towards the right
6. correctly/accurately
7. as would be normal

get nasty
suddenly start behaving in a threatening way

come onspoken
1. used for telling someone to hurry
Come on! We’re going to be late.
2. used for encouraging someone to do something such as make a greater effort or stop being sad
Come on! It’s not the end of the world.
3. used for telling someone that you do not believe what they are saying
Oh, come on! Only a fool would believe a story like that!
4. used for trying to make someone fight you