2015年11月27日 星期五

08:May I?

001316

May I?
Aren't you a bit young to be smoking?
If age has anything to do with it, then you're the one who shouldn't be smoking.
It's harder on older people, you know. 
At least that's what they say.
Are you married?
No, uh, there's very little call these days for old, decrepit, one-foot-in-the-grave smokers.
That's a bach.
You know, you really should be in that big, nice house at all.
I mean, it must get really lonely rattling around in it all by yourself.
I like being alone.
Oh, I don't.
I dig people too much to be without them.
But then, that's the trouble today.
People just don't like each other anymore.
Do you think God is dead?
What?
God.
Do you think he's dead?
Didn't even know he was sick.
You know what I think, and I've been giving it a lot of thought lately.
I don't know if I can actually buy the fact that there's somebody up there.
I mean, somebody up there.
No. No.
I've come to the conclusion it's a lot simpler than that.
Know what I mean?
No.
I mean, say...
Say God is, oh, the conscience of man.
Wouldn't that scare the hell out of you?
Well, sure, because if that's what he really is, well, then maybe he really is dying.
Here we are, Laurel Canyon.
Ah, we made it.
Laurel Canyon.

a bitinformal 
slightly, but not very

call
a strong feeling of wanting do something, especially as a career

decrepit
1. old and weak
2. old and no longer in good health

bach
 bachelor.

rattle around
If you say that someone rattles around in a room or other space, you mean that the space is too large for them.

dig
to understnd

buyspoken 
believe or accept something, especially something that is unlikely to be true or reasonable

scare the hell out of somebodyinformal
to scare someone very much
Some people use the hell out of  for emphasis after verbs such as‘scare’, ‘irritate’and‘beat’.